This is a concept proposal to maximise the development potential of an existing university campus in the UK. The intention is to develop business and international connections, encouraging interaction between British and foreign students and private companies. To this end the proposed buildings will include large scale student accommodation, as well as Global College facilities, Business Schools, Conference Centre, Innovation Centre, Hotel and Retail.
The proposal, with the addition of around 100,000m2 of the mixed use infrastructure outlined below, will transform the capacity, reach and competitive position of the university, helping it to generate and meet demand for higher education in an increasingly competitive and global market.
• 1,000 rooms of high quality student residential accommodation supported by social facilities both in each flat and for the whole residence
• 18,500m2 of ‘state of the art’ teaching, general academic, social learning and innovation centre space
• A 350 bed hotel and associated conference centre
• 150 serviced apartments
• Shared social and retail facilities open to the public
• Full servicing, parking and cycle facilities at basement level
1 million ft2